- 2017 New Commission
- 2017 Interior Architecture
- 2014 Bus Route Map
- 2014 SGA finishes it's first Platinum Rated Green Building.
- 2013 New Airport Terminal at Lucknow
- 2013 Dakshin Delhi Kalibari
Environmental concerns and a need for creating environments that consume less and become a constant reminder to return to natural ways of living. With the completion of two very large projects in the last decade, which as a requirement used a lot of glass, we felt it was time to reconsider not only our design choices but also the types of projects we sought.
A design dialogue of two generations becomes discernible in the designs. This is more so with the advent of new material technologies following the liberalisation of the economy.
- 1999 Winner of National Architectural Competition
- 1993 JIIA Award: Institutional Award
- 1992 Architect of the Year Award
SGA wins wide recognition, including two national awards, and significant social housing and infrastructure commissions. For the first time, the clients asked us “where do you want to build?"
- 1989 Building for India's first supercomputer
- 1987 SGA wins First Prize
- 1985 SGA wins Second Prize
The need to discover an Indian ‘modern’ different from a regional practice of modernism was the firm’s prime concern during this period. Religious buildings and housing for the poor allowed us to explore themes of modernity grounded in culture and tradition and the real needs of people.
- 1979 SGA wins third prize
- 1975 SGA wins Second Prize
- 1973 The firm is founded by Suchitra and Sumit Ghosh
The firm was started by Sumit and Suchitra Ghosh in 1973, a decade which saw political upheavals and uncertainty. While cement and steel were still in short supply, we focused on individual houses and analytical rigour to establish SGA as a practice that is grounded in honesty of material and its craft.